Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Paris..Day 2

Disneyland was fantastic!! It's like a dream come true for me because I've always wanted to go there since I was small. Blame it on all those Disney cartoons on TV and lately, playing Rollercoaster Tycoon..haha..The trip was certainly worth it and one day in Disneyland is not enough. I didn't get to go on most of the rides. I want to go again!! hahaha..For those of you who wants to go to Disneyland, I suggest you buy tickets from the Disney Stores. There's one on Oxford St. and another one in Covent Garden. It's 3 pounds cheaper than buying online. Plus, you can only buy online if you have a credit card.

Disneyland is divided into 5 main areas which are named Frontierland, Discoveryland, Main Street USA, Adventureland and Fantasyland if I'm not mistaken. Each area is decorated according to it's theme. The most beautiful one I think would be Fantasyland because that's where the big enchanted castle stood. You know, the big castle that is on every Disneyland's logo..


Alhamdulillah the weather was clear throughout the day, although it was freezing. My hands were numb if I didn't wear the gloves. But I hate wearing them. It made taking pictures with the camera so clumsy that I'm afraid I would drop the camera. The good thing about going to Disneyland in winter is that there are less people. Even then, it's very crowded in the restaurants during lunch hour. I can't imagine how crowded it would be in the summer.

A few of the rides we managed to catch were Space Mountain(rollercoaster in the dark..There's no need to close your eyes because you can't see a thing anyway..hahah), Star Tours (I think Genting has a ride like this..Motion Master ke? It's where you watch a movie and the whole seat moves around accordingly..but I'm a bit miffed because the movie's in french and I can only understand bits and pieces only..haha), It's A Small World (cute dolls from all over the world..But I can't find any from Malaysia, wearing traditional baju kurung or baju melayu) and a boat ride in an antique ship. We missed out on Indiana Jones because it broke down just when we wanted to go on it. Bad luck..haha..

Around 4.30 the parades started. The Christmas Parade came first, followed by Prince&Princess and the Fantillusion Parade. All were very 'eye-catching'. You can view some pictures on my fotopages.But there's none on Fantillussion because it's at night and using nightmode cause the pictures to become blurry..

We also went to Disney Village, a shopping area near the park. It's built outside the park so there's no need to buy tickets if you just want to go there. I didn't buy lots of things because all the shops sold almost the same things, and at the same prices. Talk about limited choices..hahah..

The whole day was spent at Disneyland, and I'm still not satisfied. Probably I'll go again next year? haha..I know you guys need a translator for basic french kan??

No comments:

 
TOP