Thursday, August 03, 2006

Lady In The Water

Time for my sporadic update haha..

I like this movie! Definitely enjoyed this more than Superman Returns. But then, people say I have strange taste in movies haha. It's a bedtime story with a twist. And it's not a bedtime story I've heard before. Oh well, in this movie, the only person who knew the bedtime story was a Korean haha.

Revolves around Story, a narf (water fairy?), and the caretaker of a flat, Mr. Heep. Story needs to find someone & awaken him/her... Err I don't really know how to explain this LOL. Basically she's on a quest, and Heep decides to help her. When her quest succeeded, she wants to go back, but a rogue scrunt (ugly wolf-like beast) decides to attack her and she fails to return home. So Heep decides to help her out by enlisting help from various tenants. Come to think of it, it's like the usual fantasy story with a hero setting out on a quest and receives help from various people along the way. It's just that this takes place in our normal, everyday world instead of some ancient world with elves and hobbits in it.

There were scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat - whenever the scrunt appears. And there were scenes that had me ROFL. I mean, a translator who reads signs on cereal boxes? How funny is that?

Interestingly, the director also acted in this movie, instead of just doing cameos like in his previous movies... Betulla ape aku cakap alifah..tu director die haha

No comments:

 
TOP